Monday, February 16, 2015

It's Swap Time!!

I had another crafty swap at UK Ireland Craft Swaps Group over on FB and this time I participated in the Note Card & Tag Folio Swap. We were to create the folio from a tutorial on YouTube by papercrafter45 and you can find part 1 HERE. This is the one I made for my swap partner, Anita:

Here is how it looks closed up:


And here is what it looks like opened up as well as the cards:


I also sent her a few other craft goodies which I won't give away in case she reads my blog LOL. I started with white card but it was too stark so I toned it down with Old Paper Distress Ink. I also left the tags blank so that Anita cold do with them whatever she wanted such as journaling, stamping, staining, etc. The paper live I used was the gorgeous Tilda Tiny Treasures 12" x 12" paper pad. It came with a 3 sheets of thick card die cut toppers which I used on the front and insides of the folio and also on the cards. On the cards I wanted to give the die cuts some dimension so I curved them a bit with my bone folder and used Pinflair Glue Gel to pop them up just a little bit. I went searching through my glue stash (I have a glue foR EVERYTHING) and found some envelope glue. I made the envelopes with my WRMK envie punch board and add this glue to the flaps, let it dry, now you can lick it and seal the envies...cool huh? Here is a full supplies list:

SUPPLIES USED:
Tilda Tiny Treasures 12" x 12" paper pad
Distress Ink in Old Paper
Spellbinders Die - Sue Wilson Designs Lattice Accents
Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Modern Garland (old one, used corner only) 
Viva Decor Pearl Pens (on front cover of folio & on cards)
Flowers from Mulberry Crafts (on front cover of folio)
Prima Flowers (on front cover of folio)
Prima Say It In Crystals (for tea steam on front of folio, mine were beige and crystal ones)
Tags - Fundamentals Australia
Jute piece in beige - Poundland (on front cover of folio) 
My Craft Studio Envelope Glue(no longer available but just google evelope glue and you should find some)

Now here is the folio and extras that my swap partner, Anita, sent to me:

I snet her a big THANK YOU as I really love what she sent me, including the flat backed pearls, xcut embossing folder and stamp. If you are in the UK, Ireland or anywhee really, why not join us at UK IReland Craft Swaps Group and join in the swapping fun! Thank so having alook and my crafty swap and I hope you have a most blessed day!

Happy Crafting!
hugs, Dorothy


2 comments:

  1. OMG Dorothy this is absolutely GORGEOUS, what a lucky lady to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your folio is absolutely STUNNING! Love it!! And your notecards are so sweet & pretty! Thanks very much for sharing … thanks, also, for the shout-out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. Cheers and Big Hug, Dorothy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...